Our Next Event:
Bellevue Historical Society's Annual Meeting and Program
Place: 815 N. West St., Building B (Basement) Behind the Old Bellevue Hospital Site
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Time: 7:00 PM
Theme: "Bellevue Classes of the Decades"
More details to follow - Keep the date open so you can attend
The Latest News,
Photos, & Happenings from
The Western Gateway to the Firelands
The Tremont House, Bellevue, OH
Built in 1846
Owned by the Bellevue Historical Society
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 304, Bellevue, OH 44811-0304
Blue Side is N. West Street and Front is E. Main Street - Located in Downtown Bellevue, OH
The Tremont House as it looks today and as it looked in 1846
BUT THINGS ARE CHANGING TO
TAKE IT BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL LOOK
Tremont House Restoration Project - Phase 1
POPCORN ROOM REMOVED
The Tremont House Project has begun – finally! The first step of the project was to remove the old and
deteriorated popcorn room which had become quite an eyesore. Of course, there are always complications.
Beneath the popcorn room was the original outside entrance to the basement which had been filled in with
rubble. This had to be removed and the space filled in properly. Some interesting items were uncovered in the
rubble including old wooden hat forms, shoe repair items and a pair of baby shoes.
TO HELP WITH OUR
RENOVATION - SEND A DONATION TODAY! THANKS.
100% of this gift is tax-deductible. We are a 501(c)3 organization.
A MEMBER GIVE
A DONATION BELLEVUE MEMORABILIA
THE STANDARD OIL STORY - HOW IT ALL STARTED IN BELLEVUE, OH